Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Reflection on Teaching with Technology

Well, what an adventure it has been. During the summer, the only type of "modern" technology that i regularly use is my Ipod. I try to get outside and be as active as possible. After a year of emails, facebook, and communicating with parents-I like o unplug the computer and have some Liam time. I usually dont go on the computer very much during the summer unless its absolutely necessary.

Needless to say this course has affected by quant summer get-away from technology. However, I have learned a lot about web 2.0, which i didnt even realize was a term prior to this course. It took some getting used to , but i ended up enjoying this course. I learned how to make videos using google and upload them to youtube. I also learned how to save and send documents as pdf files. A small skill, but still very useful within a large school system. Many of the skills that I have learned while taking this course will permiate into my classroom teaching and pedagogy.

My group of Janeen and Gina was wonderful. These two individuals were always available to answer any of the questions that I had on assignments, and they were always diligent when working on projects with me. I'd like to thank them for remaining patient and guiding me through much of the work for the duration of this course. Anyone would be lucky to work with these young women.

Finally, I'd like to recommend this coure to anyone who is resisting the change that technology offers the field of education. I was relucatant to take this course, and at its conclusion I feel lucky to have gone through this experience. It was both eye opening and inspiring, thank you Dr. Smirnova for conducting a smooth class.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Liam, I usually never use a computer this much during the summer also!! You are welcome for all the help and I would like to thank you for all of your help and guidance as well. The three of us made a great team!!

    ReplyDelete